Saturday, June 16, 2012

I'm Not The Farmer's Daughter

     I’ve decided I’m too old and too frail to garden any more. Tonight I tried to re-pot a coleus plant into a larger container. First I couldn’t separate two large pots that were stuck together. I finally found a lone pot and decided to use that. Okay so far. Well I couldn’t lift the bag of potting soil so I scooped out dirt with a hand shovel. Got more dirt on the utility shed floor than into the container. No problem, Terri can sweep out the shed tomorrow.

     Okay, next step, transfer the plant. That didn’t go too well. More dirt spilled on the pavement until I finally got enough into the pot so the plant might survive. That was it. I’d just water the plant and hose off the remaining dirt. I went to stand up and somehow twisted my knee. I managed to hose off the dirt but now I’m limping.

     Hopefully my knee will be better by tomorrow. I’ve decided my gardening days have come to an end. What lives, lives. What dies, dies. The hell with the whole thing.

Geranium in better days

No comments: