Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Blessings




As the year is coming to an end, I look back at some of my disappointments, but most of all I have so many blessings that have happened to me this past year.
My disappointment is the fact that I haven't gotten a job, so I've decided to stop looking. The economy is terrible, and there are so many young people needing jobs, someone my age doesn't stand a chance.
Ah, but the blessings I have far outweigh  the disappointments.
Love of family has always been first on my list. My daughters have been by my side through thick and thin. Their phone calls lighten my day like a shimmering star.
Having true good friends who care about me is another blessing. I have also made new friends this year. While they live far away, our daily correspondence and interest in writing has given us a bond. Thank you both!
As for my writing, I was thrilled to win first place in the St. Augustine 450th essay contest. I have been lucky to have many of my stories published in “Dew On The Kudzu”. I write daily and I think my writing is improving. That's another blessing.
Above all, though, I am blessed to have my God who is always there, carrying me through the tough times.
My thoughts will be with all of you and I wish you a very blessed Christmas.

                                                                                   Audrey

            

No comments: