Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Days Of Wine And Flowers






     Finally Spring has sprung here in St. Augustine after a very cold winter. Trees are filling in with new green leaves - let's not mention all the dead leaves on the ground because I was too lazy to rake them up - Azaleas are blooming, and my heart is filled with the thought of the summer ahead and all the annuals I plan to set out in pots in the back yard.
 
     I hadn't started out to the grocery store with the thought of buying a bottle of wine. I am not a wine drinker. Still, there was this beautiful bottle of rose wine that caught my attention. Not the wine. The bottle - it had such a quaint design on it that I added it to my grocery cart on the spur of the moment.
 
     I got home, looked at the bottle and decided to pour out the wine and use it as a vase on my kitchen window sill. It didn't look that great until I added a few artificial flowers in it and surrounding it. Okay, I cheated. I didn't want to wait until I could get some fresh flowers. So now my window sill pleases me. And if I never get fresh flowers instead of artificial, I still think it looks cute.

No comments: