Friday, February 5, 2016

Goodbye Floral City



Actually, it's been fun being here surrounded by nature in all its glory. Things I've learned?

First. Have patience. Boy, do you need it when the twenty-fifth squirrel hops up on the window ledge and sticks its tongue out at you. Fifty Cardinals are a beautiful sight, but I would rather see fifty tourists groping for a seat on the downtown bus. In all seriousness, the care my daughter Pam has given me has been priceless. Her patience with a grumpy old mom deserves a medal. In many ways, the stay here has been fun. I got to know my daughter Pam more intimately than before. She's quite the woman. Not only a great book cover designer, but a caring and compassionate person.  

I will be here through the weekend. Couldn't find anyone who would give up Super Bowl Sunday to take me home. Love doesn't include missing the biggest football game of the season. So I'll party with her friends, overstuff myself with food and drink, and probably root for the wrong team. Then Monday morning back to St. Augustine and a slew of doctor visits to be sure I'm capable of living on my own again. I am.  

This will simply be another adjustment I will have to make. If I've learned nothing else since this illness began, it has been you must be able to ride with the punches and pray for the best. 

Thanks to all my friends who have kept in touch and boosted my moral when it began to sink. Not sure what I would have done without you.  
 
It's a little late, but for me a New Year has started. I intend to make the most of it that I can.

 
 
                                                                                                Love,
                                                                                                Audrey
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

ladykhalia said...

I am delighted that you have grown closer to your daughter. When my mom became ill with cancer, we got along like ice cream and fudge. (Thankfully, my mom is still alive.) Keep us posted on your life in Floral City, Florida. It has the sound of la dolce vita.