Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pearl's Favorite Spot To Nibble On Millet Strips

 
 

     It was dark, about 3AM. I heard a thud first, then a thrashing of wings that pulled me out of bed fast. I grabbed Pearl, held her close to calm her down. Evidently the perch she had been sleeping on worked its way loose and had toppled Pearl with it.
    Once she felt safe on my shoulder she calmed down and started pecking on my ear. The only thing she likes better is nibbling at a long strand of millet strips. I always place it on the top of the cage, so I can quickly scoop it away when I think she's had enough.
    Seeds aren't the best things for birds to eat. They need nutricious pelleted food. I bought what they had at Pet World, but Pearl doesn't seem to like it. Sometime this weekend, I'll head to Pet Smart and see what they have. Also need to buy some toys for her - right now she likes searching for my hearing aids and that's a no-no.
    Although I haven't had her but a few days - and the first day wasn't too great - life is changing for me and Pearl. I can sense the subtle bonding. If I let her, she'd perch happily on my shoulder all day.
   In my next blog post, I'll tell you about the strange cage arrangement I have. It's pretty neat and Pearl can look through an open window at all times.
     I do hope you will come back to this blog and enjoy what I'm writing. I'd like this to be a place where you ask questions and even offer advice.
     Until next time, live happily. It's the only way to go.


                                                                                                     Audrey

No comments: